Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Testify

Today I had the opportunity to testify before the Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee. Here are the list of witnesses, the hearing advisory, and my written testimony. I appreciated the opportunity--my last testimony to a Congressional committee about Social Security was over 6 years ago.

It is not clear that we accomplished much through this hearing. I got no indication from the Representatives that they would be looking to get a bipartisan bill through their Committee. I hope that I'm wrong.

Other blogs commenting on this post

2 comments:

tymbrimi said...

That was the clearest Social Security reform statement I have read.

I only have one question. What is the source of the (small) beneficial effect that higher inflation has on the SS balance? Why does higher inflation help the SS balance?

Andrew said...

Thank you. Your question is answered in the next post.