Thursday, April 05, 2007

Governor Richardson at Dartmouth

Today's issue of The Dartmouth includes a story on Bill Richardson's speech last evening. There's not a whole lot in the story to that would reach out and pull me across the political aisle, but that's true of all of his primary competitors as well. And who knows what choices I'll have next year? I can say at this point that I approve of his sense of humor:

Despite his experience, Richardson continues to lag in the polls with his numbers fluctuating in the single digits. His campaign has raised $6 million, a figure dwarfed by the $26 million and $25 million of presidential candidates Sens. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and Barack Obama, D-Ill., respectively.

Richardson, however, remains optimistic.

"Money doesn't vote; it's people. It's issues and voters."

Richardson points to the steady gain he has been making in the polls.

"I was under the margin of error when I started." Richardson joked. "Now we're up to 6 percent. We're third in Minnesota. I called my staff and said how come I'm third, I haven't been there, and they said 'That's why your [sic] third.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Richardson is lagging in the polls. Despite his experience, and that of his opponents, people still don't seem to see that he is obviously the best candidate! I hope that the 6% increases by over 40% within the next few months.